Monday, December 04, 2006

DXO My Ass...

Just recounting a phone call I recieved the other day...

I was happily curled up in bed snoring away when my home phone rang in the morning (It was 10am. But I still deem it an ungodly hour to call...). I rolled out of bed and stumbled around my room looking for my cordless phone.

I answered in a sleepy, gravelly voice.

"haallooooo...?"

I'm sure the other party on the other line was shocked to hear such an awful, grouchy voice answering the phone. If it were me, I would have just hung up. But this chirpy guy bravely ventured on.

"Good morning! Is this DXO?"

DXO? DXO??!!! You call my house at 10 in the morning, wake me up from my sleep and ask if this is DXO??

You should have seen the little volcano erupt on top of my head.

*BOOF*

A normal person would have replied, "I'm sorry.. I think you dialled the wrong number.."

But Im not a normal person when you disturb my precious sleep.

You should have heard how I wailed back to him.

"NOOOoooOooo... This is NOT."

"Oh..Oh.. I'm so sorry..." (mumbles something unintelligible)

I hung up before he did.

If only my house was DXO. How happening would that be...?

And is DXO even open at 10am?

Sheesh.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh haha! you know what? until today i still thought it was 'the expo' - the(D) ex(X) po(O) hahaha must be your sleepy mumbling lah ;P

no wonder i didn't find it weird when you mentioned someone calling you, mistaking your place for the expo. NOW it makes sense....

12:07 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

APA LA.... *slap forehead*

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah, Angie...you quite best hor?
hahahah!

DXO...wld be damn happening man...
but i think u can come up with a beta name than dat.
hahah!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home