Friday, November 17, 2006

Ms. Air Head

Am down with the flu. So I went to see Dr. Eugene again.

I see him so often, we are practically "seeing" each other. Haha.

Ok. Lame joke. ;p

He was his usual chirpy self and asked me what he could do for me blahblah..

I told him I had the flu and complained of an ear ache.

So he took a peek in my ear and said, "Woah! u have a chunk of ear wax blocking ur ear drum."

I was so shocked and defensively replied, "but..but.. i clean my ears often!" And sat there with an indignant pout.

Seeing my distressed face, he told me it was a natural wax buildup and sometimes cleaning it would just cause the wax to compress together instead.

It didn't make me feel any better.

Its a miserable thing when u have others telling you that you have wax stuck in your ears.

No wonder I can never make out the landing announcement. ;p

So he suggested flushing out the stupid plug of wax for me and that it would be a really quick procedure.

I was so nervous. Afterall, I went in for a simple consultation for the flu and now Im sitting here waiting to have water forced into my ear??!

I nervously twiddled my thumbs as I watched him prepare all his necessary instruments.

You know how sometimes you become so nervous your imagination goes wild? Well, I didn't just let my imagination go wild, I became stupid.

"Um, so..." I nervously asked. "when you flush the water into my ear.. where does the water come out from?"

I was imagining water flying out of my nose.

"Well.." Dr. Eugene said without missing a beat. "It comes out of the opposite ear."

WARRRGH!

I could have kicked myself.

He must have been thinking, "Dumb Air Stewardess..."

I was mentally screaming, "Geri! You're SO STUPID!"

I guess I deserved that answer. The water SHOULD have come shooting out of the opposite ear. ;p

Sigh. Sometimes Geri....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home