Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why You Little Minx.....

I met my sis and Joshie for breakfast at the kopitiam today...

After brekkie, we headed to a nearby shop while my sis looked at t-shirts for Josh.

Josh dragged me to the toys section of the store and started pointing out all the different toys.

"Ah Yee, Grandma bought me this (toy) yellow taxi. She was looking all over for the white one but she couldn't find it."

"Oh really?" I replied, and wandered away from the toy section.

Josh eventually dragged me back and slyly asked me in his oh-so-innocent 4 year old voice, "So Ah Yee.... which toy are u choosing to buy for me?"

"Me?! Why you sneaky little thing you...Buy you a toy? Which one you want?!" I replied, shocked that I got cornered by my minx of a nephew.

"I want the white taxi", he pointed to it on the shelf.

"But you already have the yellow one! It's exactly the same except in a different colour! No! Cannot anyhow waste money! I said sternly to him.

He sighed and said in a very grown up manner,"Don't worry Ah Yee... Money can always earn... You're working right?"

I was flabbergasted at his smart-ass reply and trying so hard not to laugh that I sputtered out, "That's not the point! You.. You.. Let's go find Mommy! I must tell Mummy about what you said..." and grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the store to report to my sister.

In my heart I thought he was so smart and I was so pleased that I wanted to buy him the taxi... But sorry Joshie... Mommy said no. ;p

(But I probably will get it for him one of these days just coz he's so cute. HeeHee.)

Later as we were walking to the bustop, I heard a Grandmother scolding her grandchild, "Shut up and walk! Keep quiet or I will slap your bloody mouth."

My Sis and I were so stunned.

I cant imagine any grandparent scolding their grandchild that way.... I know my parents love their grandkids to death... My Dad massages Josh's feet for God's sake.

I thought it was so sad. :(

Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wardfolio said...

Yea scolding that way is crazy Geri. lol!

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home