Thursday, May 22, 2008

Visitation Rights

Jem and I had an interesting visit the other day...

We had just driven home to Jem's place... we were coming out of the car and I was yakking away to Jem when I realised that he wasn't exactly paying attention to me.

He was staring at something off to my side. And when I followed his gaze, I blinked twice and stared blankly at it before I realised what it was.

It was the mother of all giant grasshoppers happily sitting on his car antenna.

I literally shrieked and jumped 3 feet into the air and somehow careened backwards in absoulte horror.

One passerby stared at me like I was mad. (Well you would scream too if you saw the size of it you prick! Harrumph.)

So we went up to Jem's place and I prayed that Mr. Grasshopper would go home.

I said, "If the grasshopper is still there when we come back down, I will take a pic."

When we got back to the car, Mr. Grasshopper was still there.

So I took a pic.



And OF COURSE the pic is blurry... my hands were shaking from sheer terror for God's sake.

We climbed back into the car (me, I threw myself into the front seat in a record of 2 seconds flat), when I had this funny feeling about Mr. Grasshopper.

I was about to say something to Jem about it when he turned to me and said, "You know, the other day when I attended my Uncle's funeral (he had just passed away the week before), I tied a ribbon on my car's antenna."

Oh.

Well... Hello Uncle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home