Thursday, January 18, 2007

Life Can Be So Strange

Its quite queer...

Because I keep having strange encounters with strangers... who incidentally end up being strange people. ;p

I met Angie the other night for kopi at our usual kopi tiam haunt..

After bitching until 12 am.. I left for a min to go to the ladies and when I came back.. what do I see? Some guy sitting at the next table chatting her up..

Okay.. honestly.. thats not the strange bit. Afterall, men chatting her up is very normal.

But we ended up entertaining this guy (apparently he claims he's a R&D engineer for Motorola) for the next hour and a half.

Nevermind that I thought he was very ignorant of his product and very uninformed about the telecommunications industry...(he was obviously very intimidated by the bombastic words I was throwing at him) the final straw came when he commented on how fair Angie is and how her cheeks are so rosy like that of, and I quote, "a sweet Beijing Peach!"

I nearly spit out my teh.

Not that my darling Angie is not beautiful.. but oh the comparison! I think I will taunt her for the longest time with that line... ;p Angie.. you're too pretty for your own good.

The next day, I was waiting at my block's lift lobby for my dad. I had bought a couple of shelves from Ikea and was waiting while he parked the car.

So as I was loitering, a young lady stood next to me and started staring and smiling at me.

I was so confused and honestly, alittle terrified.

She was just standing there, not going into the lift.

"Do I know you?", I asked finally.

She smiled and replied, "You're very pretty."

My jaw dropped and I could only just gape at her like a goldfish.

There was more to our little exchange but I won't bore you with the rest.

In essence, though Im flattered... Lady, I think you must be blind, alittle mad, and drunk.

Oh.. and not to mention strange.

:)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, doesn't sound queer to me at all...
it's normal what.
unless it happens to me then it's queer. wahhahah!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

girl.. u gotta be kidding me.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOoooooooo!!!!!!! ARGH!

sigh...i look like a china woman.

and now i'm SO gonna be stuck with being called a SBP lor! *GO AWAY GERI!*

4:25 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

MMMmmm.. my Sweet Beijing Peach ;)

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetest beijing peach...
maybe she should try China Airlines, hor?

whahahahah!

*sees Voodoo Doll*

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*FUMES*

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home