Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Am The Lord of The Ring!

Yea.. Right... Watever.

Heh.

Aiyah, I went for the Lord of the Rings tour while I was in Christchurch... and I had such a blast!

I loved the beautiful scenery, the LOTR trivia provided by our Tourguide (He was really good! More about him later...) and the wonderful mixture of people who joined the tour. We had one Aussie, one American, two Brits, two Irishmen, two Dutchmen and us two joker Singaporeans!

So you could imagine all the different stories we were all sharing with each other. :)

We visited the spot where they built the set for the City of Rohan and the scenery surrounding the the area was really as beautiful as it was in the movie.
Honestly, its the first time I have managed to see snow capped mountains and AGAIN I was that idiot smiling to myself in the bus.

My colleague, Ancella, and I woke up to a blustery, cold morning. The tourguide took one look at our pathetic outfits and said, "Do you both have anything thicker to wear? And your shoes... do you both have sturdier shoes?"

Three pairs of eyes looked down at my dainty ballerina shoes with its cute little bows.

Three pairs of eyes then glanced at Ancells'a pretty flats.

Ancella and I sheeplishly glanced at our tourguide's sturdy hiking boots.

We could only grin.

Thankfully I did have thicker clothes and we bundled up with everything we had and headed off.

As we travelled along to the tour site, we passed the following:

- farmland
- sheep
- cows

and....
More
- farmland
- sheep
- cows

Now times that by ten.

Hehe.

But I still loved the scenery. Sheep and cows are still novelties to me. :)

Ok.. I shall let the pictures do all the talking. And honestly, the pictures do not do the scenery justice.

Oh! And before I forget, I was saying about our super cool tourguide. He had worked with Peter Jackson on the LOTR Trilogy and on his movie "King Kong".
And he picked up two Oscars for SoundMixing for "The Return of the King" and "King Kong"! SO COOL! I had a celebrity tourguide! He was so nice and humble too. *gush*
:)
Okok. I shut up now. PIXXIES!



First Stop! The Rakaia Gorge. Unfortunately due to the rains, the water was a cloudy grey instead of its usual beautiful blue. Oh well, I have never seen grey water before.... :)

We stopped by this really quaint, small town General Store for a quick grab for coffee or snacks. It was really so pretty, even in the store!


Beautiful Lake Clearwater! I loved wonderful view of the mountains behind the lake :) And yes its me in my wonky poses again. hehehe. ;p

Going off-roading! It was fun driving over creeks and streams! *whee*


Climbing up Mt. Sunday - The film site for the City of Rohan


FOR ROHAN!!!! *ROAR* *Gallops off on horse* ;p


The wind was blowing at about 90km/h, and those swords were really heavy! It was hard posing!


And guess who we found! GIMLI! (He was one of the Dutch tourists, but he really did look the part... ;p)


LoveLoveLovevvvee the view. :)


Stopped for lunch at this cute lodge called Mt. Potts Lodge.


Lounging around after lunch... ;)




Lovely views around the lodge. *sigh* I heard the tinkling sound of water as I was exploring the area around the lodge and came across this beautiful stream. If only I had the time, I would have sat there all day, dipping my toes into the water, just dreaming and listening...
Signing off now. Going to lie down and read. Nothing like cough mixture and flu medicine to make you feel like a piece of jell-o.
*sigh*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home