Thursday, December 21, 2006

Where My Swiss Alps?!

Im supposed to be in Zurich now.

Im supposed to be eating rosti.

Im supposed to be skiing down Mt. Titlis.

Im supposed to be making snow angels and snow men.

Im supposed to be off on the 24 - 26 Dec.

But NO. Im here in Singapore.

WHY? coz my plane got grounded due to the tug being stuck at the front wheels.. can someone please explain whats that to me???

We literally had to disembark in the middle of the taxiway.. tat was wierd. ;p

They decided to call up a new set of crew so all of us were sent home.

I was at the airport since 9pm. My flight was to depart at 11:55pm. We were stuck on the tarmac until 2am when they finally decided to change crews. I finally got home at 5am.

8 hours of time wasted. Argh. Shit happens.

I volunterred to pax up to Nagoya tonight. I will watch inflight movies till I K.O.

Im bringing along my cargo bag. 100 yen shop and instant noodles here i come!

Heh heh.

Oh.. and there goes my off day on christmas. *sobhicwail* *stomp foot*

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Ok let me try to explain this in English. When planes are parked at the gate they are usually pushed back and taken to the taxiway or in some instances to the runway. They don't do this under their own power. They use a special tow vehicle otherwise known as a push back truck. These tow vehicles are often wide, squat vehicles loaded with weights which push aircraft back via tow bars connected to the nose wheel. The "tug" is the connection between the tow vehicle and the nose landing gear of the aircraft. In the case of SQ 346 they couldn't disconnect the tug which kept you grounded :( Hope this helps explain what happened. Ironically I was thinking of heading to ZRH late next month after my SIN/NRT trip.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

OOH. Hello. And Thank u. :) Apparently u knew abt wat happened.. hehe. ;p Word gets around huh? :p

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home