Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Boy's Day!

My Mum was helping Josh make a Father's Day card for Kevin, when Josh turned to my Mum and asked, "Gwandma? When is Happy Boy's Day?" My Mum burst into laughter and told him, "Every Saturday!" (That's the day my Mum and Dad babysit Josh)
.
:)
.
Since my maternal instincts were screaming, Jem and I decided to bring Josh out on Sunday.
.
We decided to take him to Pasir Ris Park to play at the playground, then to the Kids Kampung off Elias Road, and then to round off the day, a treat at McDonald's at Downtown East!
.
As he was sitting on my lap in the car, he declared, "Today is such a fun day!"
.
I gave him a BIIGGG kiss.
.
He's such a goodnatured, well-behaved little boy. No complaints, and never demanded for anything. BUT... he is such a little scardy-cat. So terrified of EVERYTHING. He didnt want to take the swing and he was terrified of every little bouncy ride. The only thing he wanted to play on was the teeny little slide and the stationary little red fire engine.
.
Jem and I looked at the little girls tinier than Josh, running and screaming and playing rough and tumble.
.
We looked at each other and laughed.
.
Somehow, I know my kids will be so different from Josh. They will be running circles around me, screaming, fighting and falling all over the place.
.
And I will be that tired mother sitting on the park bench, too tired to care. ;p

Boy's Day aka Joshua's Day!


Having fun @ Pasir Ris Park



Feeding Fishies @ The Kids Kampung

Look wat Uncle Jem got us both! Spongebob balloons!


"Ah Yee? Later we exchange balloons?"
"No darling. This is MINE."
.

I LOVE Spongebob. This is better than a bouquet of flowers. :)
.
We only took Josh out for three hours. And we were totally tuckered out.
.
Kudos to all the Moms and Pops out there.
.
:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Boy's Day Joshie! can i join him next saturday? *pppwwweeessss*

*applauds to jem* hehe

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

parenting-ready, Geri & Jem!

hahah...;)

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home