Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Frequent Flyer Points...

I just returned from Auckland...

Now lets see... I've been to Auckland at least *countcount* TEN times in the past year.

Maybe the hotel staff have noticed my name popping up so often, they decided to give me a giant suite to welcome me back. (aiyah.. it was obviously a mistake.)

You should have seen my expression when I first opened my room door and saw the sitting area.

I thought I got the wrong room.

I closed my gaping mouth, stepped back out, checked my key card, checked my envelope, checked my door number... correct leh.

WOO HOO!

I had a little kitchen with a microwave oven.
I had a full seating area.
I had a walk in wardrobe.
I had so much space.

It felt wierd. And honestly... after the novelty of having such a huge room wore off, it started to feel too huge... and pretty lonely.

So much space. And no one to share it with. :/


The distance from my bed to the TV... abit far rite???! *squint*

On a different note... Look what I found! Mini kids bottles of H2Go! So Cute! And i love the blue colour of the cap. One for me. One for Angie. One for Ron. :)



Tee Hee.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU DEARIE! *sip*

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Geri:

Ironically two of my upcoming trips are to AKL. As a frequent flier it's nice being acknowledged for loyalty. Yes it is nice to stay at a hotel and get these massive rooms although it does feel odd when you're the only one in there. I was in San Diego last month for dinner with some friends and got a bi-level suite with Jacuzzi in the massive bathroom.

Speaking of Frequent Flyer points a friend of mine just completed a run for life on SQ to get his LPPS. He flew roughly 187,000 miles on SQ since March 31, 2007 to get his LPPS. I guess loyalty benefits are nice, but addictive!

His SQ flights since then...

Run for Life Flights on SQ

As for AKL any ideas of what to do :) I've never been to AKL, but this deal was too good to pass up hence I'm going twice. I will be there in October and in January. From what I've read it seems like to explore the beauty of NZ you need to get outside of AKL.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Angie: Ur welcome sweetie. :)

Kevin: Hihi.. Auckland as a city itself is pretty boring.. and yes, to see the pretty parts of NZ, you gotta get out of the main city. Well, if you're on a tight schedule, you can go up to the Sky Tower and get a good view of auckland and watch ppl dive off the top of the tower ;) What I hope to do soon is take a short cruise to one of the surrounding islands, Rangitoto, and check out its extinct volcano. Im always on a tight schedule there.. and coz Im always there, I get complacent abt going out. ;p Well have fun in Akl! Hope you find some great things to do! :)

2:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*SLURP* thanxs, Ah Ling!
I wanna drink...but then I dare not open.
Coz i know i'll finish it too soon...too soon...

Shall keep it for awhile more.
Heheh...:)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home