Monday, April 23, 2007

Tigger Woods

In my latest bid for self improvement, I decided to pick up golf.

So Keong brought me to Orchid Country Club on Saturday afternoon to teach me the rudimentary basics of golf.
.
Coach Keong started on his lesson. "Hold club liddat.. stand liddat..butt out... knees bend more.. hand straight... blahblahblah."
.
My back started to ache within 5mins.
.
Coach Keong started to lose his patience (and temper) with me in 10mins.
.
I pouted and said he was a lousy teacher.
.
He fumed and said I was a lousy student.
.
Who asked Tiger Woods to make it look so easy. I would never have guessed it was so hard.
.
And it was made harder when there were all the middle aged men watching me in amusement as I swung my golf club about like an idiot.
.
I admit. I looked like the proverbial bimbo at the golfing range.
.
Keong could only shake his head as he watched me make little leaps with my leg lifting off behind me after each swing.
.
After whacking air for an hour, I finally got the hang of it. No more little leaps. No leg lifting.
.
If fact, If i dare say so, I made some pretty nice, straight shots.
.
Im hooked. :)
.
So Coach... when's the next lesson?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes...yet another amateur trying out this brilliant sport. Good to hear that I'm not the only one swinging the air these days...LOL

Dan

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home