Saturday, March 24, 2007

Me? Filipino?

A Filipino man on board stopped me as I was walking by.

He excitedly spoke and gestured to me in what little English he knew.

"You M'aam..? Filipino?"

I was honestly quite shocked at his question. I looked around and noticed that the other Filipino men who were sitting around him were looking at me and eagerly awaiting my answer.

He was obviously appointed by the rest to ask me that question.

"Me? Filipino?" I giggled nervously.

"Nono... I'm not Filipino. I'm Singaporean."

Everyone looked dissapointed at my answer so I was compelled to continue with the conversation.

"So.." I asked, pointing to my face, "Which part do I look Filipino?"

He chirped up and said, "Well, yourrr skkinnn... yourrr noosse...Look like Filipino."

I laughed and said, "Well, next time I can say I'm from the Philippines then!"

The men all looked pleased as punch, so I left.

Once I was out of his earshot, I burst into laughter.

I've been told I look Thai. Now I look Filipino.

Anybody want to meet a Thai/Filipino/Cynthia Koh lookalike?

I could be famous! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home