Thursday, June 19, 2008

Working Woman's Hands

Just got back from Frankfurt today...

Had a really busy flight.. I worked behind the curtains so my hands got so work roughened and the skin all burnt from touching all the hot casserols.

When I met up with my sis for lunch this afternoon, Joshua held my hand and asked me, "Ah Yee... why is your hand so rough?"

I was quite surprised.. such an innocent, blunt comment.

I told him, "Ah yee touches alot of hot plates when I work so I burnt the skin on my hands. Thats why my hands so are rough..."

He nodded and accepted my explanation in that innocent, trusting way. But I could tell he didn't really want to hold my hand anymore.

Sigh.

The sacrifices we make for work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww...i'm sure josh still wanna hold his fav ah yee's hands...anyone would wanna...

2:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya but cannot anyhow hold or else kena smack!@!

mr mua ha ha

8:16 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Heh.. Im sure Josh will start holding my hand when he spies a toy he wants. ;p

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home