Sunday, August 19, 2007

Little Miss (Not) Shy Loves Fireworks :)

Headed to One Fullerton to catch the Fireworks at the Singapore Fireworks Festival 2007!

If anyone knows me, I LOVVVEEE fireworks. :)

Shoved with everyone to get a good view of the fireworks. I ended up standing next to an overflowing rubbish bin on a muddy patch of grass in my three inch heels (Look, I wasn't preapred to go okay?) The man in front of Jem and I had awful smelling B.O. and another had his kid on his shoulders, effectively blocking 3/4's of Jem's view.

Sheesh.

At least we got a pretty good view considering we got there just 15mins before it was due to start.

Now what I do not understand is, why there were so many parents bringing their little toddlers and babies, lugging strollers and diaper bags to the event. Imagine the crowd of shoving people! I say its terribly irresponsible parenting.

I saw half of the toddlers terrified to death after the show ended and when the massive throng of people started shoving their way out.

I don't blame them, even I was terrified... And seriously pissed off at a shoving mother. I literally pushed back at her. Stupid woman. I decided that people who have not been clubbing do not know the etiquette involved in "Moving Through Large Crowds". Her equally stupid husband was standing on the steps waiting for her and effectively blocking everyone's path. He glared at me after I got mad at his wife. I glared back.

Argh. I will never understand the minds of Singaporean Parents.

I have decided that next year, I will book a room at the Ritz, and I will watch the fireworks in airconditioned comfort, sipping bubbly with my feet sinking in plush carpeting.

As Jem would say, "Wah.. You damn H.M. (High Maintenance)"

Look, I'm not H.M. okay.... I just don't come cheap. :)

Fireworks!



Pretty good view huh? :)

By now you must be wondering... What the hell is the Little Miss Shy thing about.....?


See my T-Shirt?? It's silly coz Im absolutely NOT SHY!!! wahahahahahaa.. haa..ha...ha.... nevermind. Only Angie got the joke. sigh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

not to mention we intended to watch the fireworks together...but ended up at 3 different locations! :( oh well, at least i had the company of several tong zhis

haha geri, nvm the guys. angie gets it :) the jambu sisters UNITE!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Geri said...

HUAT AH! hahaha....

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

r0nster's with the guys too.
she does not get it.

ah crap. i wanna get outta here...
work, i.e.

bleah.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time dont just glare at the lady... just tell her "say cheeze" and take a pic of her with your camera.. then upload to STOMP...

Mua ha ha..

Mr Mua Ha ha!! :P

10:21 AM  
Blogger Geri said...

Mr. M.H.H. : Send to STOMP? I'd rather just Stomp on her backside.... *grumble mumble*

;p

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home