Monday, August 13, 2007

Ah Ron vs. Ah Beng

I was having coffee with my guy and gal pals when my phone rang.

It was 11.30pm and my phone screen flashed with the words, "Withheld".

"Shit", I thought. "Please do not tell me it is that gross, weird, strange disgusting Ah Beng whom I met at Dragonfly."

It was months ago when he cornered me into giving him my handphone number. (Look, its a long stupid story. Trust me when I say I did not have much of a choice.) Apparently he had called a couple of times but I never dared pick up my phone whenever I saw that the number was withheld.

I started to panic, (Trust me, I am really bad at handling such situations) and refused to pick up the phone.

"Gimme the phone", demanded Ron. " I will handle him."

I gladly handed over my phone and decided Ron could do it.

"Hello?" She answered quite fiercely.

All five of us listened intently.

"Who? I'm sorry but there is no such person as Gee-Ree." (Apparently that was how he pronounced my name. Sheesh.)

I continued to watch and listen in a mixture of awe and panic. I did not realise I was literally chewing my nails as the conversation continued.

"Met WHERE?! DIGGER-FLY??!! (Apparently he couldn't pronounce DragonFly either...) No, I don't know any _____ from Digger-Fly!", she responded sacarstically. (I will not state his name coz apparently, I still have a heart. ;p)

"I'm sorry," she continued, "But there is no such person as Gee-Ree whom you met at Digger-Fly. Goodbye."

I applauded.

Then, the phone rang again.

Wah. This guy got balls sia.

"Hallo??!" Ron answered. "Look I told you there is no Gee-Ree whom you met in Digger-Fly okay?! Please do not call this number again."

*standing ovation to Ron*

The phone ACTUALLY rung again for the third time but I think he thought better of it and hung up after a few rings.

I bet he will never call me again. :)

Thank you Ah Ron.

Ah Ron -1, Ah Beng - 0.

Which brings to mind again... why do I always get the weirdos???!!!

Bah.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*ah lian accent*

OEI...simi DiggerFly?!
he said GiggerFly hor!

si eh funny leh hee kor si lang Ah Beng.
damn eng and kan boh liao!

wahahahah!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!!!
*APPLAUD AND STANDING OVATION TO OUR RESIDENT AH LIAN!*

6:05 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Wahahaha... Thanks ron. And sorry. I forgot its GIGGER-Fly. hahaha...;p

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA.. damn funny. You really meet all the funny people.. Who ask you to give him your number?

see lah .. see lah!

*no sympathy for you*

La La La...

Mr Mua Ha ha ! :P

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, i admit.
i am a closet ah beng.

*hangs head*

6:23 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Mr. MHH: So Mean You! humph. And your prank with the "withheld" number totally freaked me out. *evil glare*

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr MHH: wahahahahahah!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha *high fives mr mhh*

11:43 AM  
Blogger Geri said...

You people are so cruel.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home