Thursday, November 10, 2005

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL Cape Town!

I thought I better pen down this blog quick coz i din want to forget any details of Cape Town...

The place was BEAUTIFUL! The photos do not do the place justice... Its times like these Im grateful for my job... I would have never had to opportunity to view places like these on my own... (unlike lucky people like Angie.. *grumble mumble*)

Nine of us joined the tour and we set off bright and early to Table Mountain. UNFORTUNATELY... it was a super long queue as the mountain had been closed for the last few days due to bad weather... so we headed off to Hout Bay to see the seals first, with the promise from our guide that we will come back later.

The boat ride was exhilirating and the seals were amazing! We travelled to Duiker Island, where a whole colony of Cape Fur Seals were living on this rock out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. We even saw this seal who had just given birth to her pup with the blood and placenta still all over.. and this gull was happily trying to feast on the placenta... gross.. but cool! haha... We were all so pleased with that Nat Geo moment.

Hout Bay



Next stop was to the Cape of Good Hope National Park, where we stopped by Cape Point for lunch. I had my Kingklip fish there! *yumyum*

Cape Point



After our nice lunch, we headed down from Cape Point to the Cape of Good Hope. The wind was so strong! We were hanging on to each other and I was literally blown off more than once. I had to grab whoever was nearby to steady myself! I picked up a rock from the pebbly shore... its now gonna be my Good Hope Rock! Maybe rubrub a few times before i buy 4D.. hehehe..

Cape of Good Hope



Next stop! A vist to the Africa Jackass penguins! So cute! They were sooo used to human presence that they literally didnt flinch when we walked right up to them.... They are called "Jackass" as they make a sound like a donkey... HeeHawHeeHaw.. u know.. heh..

Penguins!




So at the end of the day, we tried going back up Table Mountain... but unfortunately, the cable cars were closed due to the stong winds.. *sobsob* I was very dissapointed.. The tour guide then took us to a photo taking spot at Simon's Hill (Or was it Simon's Peak?) to view the mountain...

Table Mountain



I have to mention how driving along the road, we saw a cobra by the side of the road, baboons and even while on the road, we spotted whales swimming by the coast! WHALES! My first time seeing whales! I was sooo happy... SOSOSOSOSO happy :)

All in all... Cape Town has been an amazing AMAZING experience... the beauty of the land, animals... EVERYTHING.


I'm in love. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Geri said...

Greetings! :)

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home