Monday, October 15, 2007

Off to the Races!

It was Sakura Day at the Singapore Turf Club and Jem's family managed to secure invites!

I had never been to the races and I was so excited!

I really wondered what the crowd would be like.... and I wasn't dissapointed.

So there were two distinct crowds - The upper class rich angmohs/socialites who treat Racing as it was originally meant to be: "The Sport of Kings".

And there was the other crowd, your typical Uncle/Ah Pek type who would rush in toting their newpapers and racing booklets.

I am relieved to say I joined the room with the former. It was really quite posh. Picking at the buffet, sipping wine and placing horse bets.

The people there were betting with stacks of $50 notes, and I stood sheepishly in the queue with my lone green $5 note. (I'm a hopeless gambler!)

I glared at the cashier, daring her to laugh. Thank God she didn't.

But honestly, it was really quite exciting. And I can really see what the draw is.

Maybe if the next time I'm there, I will join the rest of the Ah Pek's at the pit below. :)

GO HORSIE!
Bible of the Day.
.
The immaculate race track

Go Pago Kid Go!!! (Jem bet on Pago kid. He lost. ;p)
.
The Happy Punter.

The Happy Suaku Gambler.


My first and winning ticket! (Dun laugh at my $5 bet la...)

Anyway it was Jem's darling's first birthday! (If you didn't realise by now, it's not me. It's his car.)
.
So I bought a cupcake, poked a candle in and took pictures. Hahaha...
.
Jem was SO happy.

Happy Birthday! ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KEE AH KEE AH!!! SI HO KEE AHHH!!!

(loosely translated: run ah run ah!!! number 4 run ah!)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

wah. you should hang out at the turf club more.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home