Friday, April 27, 2007

Spring Is Here!

It was officially Springtime when I touched down in Zurich.

We were pleasantly surprised to find out that the locals were having their Sechseläuten (six bells) festivities in town that very afternoon!

So of course, me, being the big KPO, everything and everywhere also want to go, HAD to go down and check out the festivities.

It weather was wonderful, bright, and sun-shiny!

We watched the parade, puzzled at why they were throwing bread to the spectators (I managed to catch one! *proud*), marveled at the size of their horses (they were huge) and of course… me being the glut, sampled all the street fare!!! ;)

On Day Two, we decided to head down to Lucerne.

Lucerne was BEAUTIFUL! It was surprisingly easy getting there and getting around.

The mountains provide a beautiful backdrop to the town. The lovely old buildings and bridges, the clear, clear lake… sigh.

You just have to envy the people who live there.

Zurich



Watching the parade go by!


I caught one! I caught one!!! We later fed the ducks with my prized bread. ;)

Hmm.. should i take the Long, Skinny, White sausage or the THICK, JUICY, DARK ONE?


I went for the THICK one. Like... DUH. ;)


A double, twirly, strawberry twist cone! *sllurp*

Melted Swiss Cheese and baked potatoes... Every weightwatcher's nightmare. It's Sin I tell you...

But we dont care! YUM!



Lovely Lake Zurich
The Zurich Boogg Snowman. (Im serious. Thats wat its called..)


Goodbye Winter!!! It took 12 minutes and nine seconds for the snowman's head – loaded with explosives – to blow up, forecasting a "moderate" summer for the Swiss!

Lucerne

I love train rides...


Lovely views as we chug along..

Lake Lucerne


You know its springtime when you see a swan building a nest :)

The famous Kapellbrucke (Chapel Bridge)


Inside the Kapellbrucke..


Lovely buildings along the river



See the lovely paintings on the buildings? It really is SO pretty!

Cowbell! *moo*

The Alps provide a lovely backdrop to the town


The exterior of the Jesuit Church. Seems plain enough..

But in the interior!!! *gasp*
And of course to round off my trip... MOVENPICK ICE CREAM! ;)


You Gotta Love Switzerland. :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Zurich's weather was crap when I went in Jan this year.. snow all over , wet and freezing!

Aiyah.. everytime I see your blog, I always wonder, how come my trips to the same place as yours are not as fun?

Ok. I can just hear you say " Cos Geri is not there " ....

*slap head*

Mr Mua Ha Ha.... :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Like.. DUH!!!!

hahahaha...

*winks*

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

preeeeettty pix...!

me love train rides too...
miss 'em.

MRT train rides do not count lah, hor.

hehz.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss luzern! :(

i bet joshua would love fall in love with the place.

*loud sigh*

3:05 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Ron: Yea.. somehow.. MRT rides are just not the same. ;p

Jie: Yes im sure Joshie would love it. Anybody would :)

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home