Thursday, September 14, 2006

Happy Bird Day

Yea well.. so. Its here.

The B-Day.

I hate to say this. But somehow... I dun feel like celebrating.

Well. Its like.... 25.

Its not like.. Sweet 16, Independent 21.. or even HittingYourPeak at 30.

Its Quarter Life Crisis at 25.

Somehow its like I'm at that teetering edge of the loss of youth.

Suddenly I only have 5 more years to be in the optimal age margin to give birth.

It struck me that I can no longer say, "I'm in my early twenties".

Okok.. now i gotta look at the bright side before everyone starts stoning me for being so negative...

Well I'm a better person now than I was.. a year... 2 years ago? DUH.

I've lost all my naive, happy-go-lucky innocence... but I'm glad i lost all that akwardness with myself.

I dun feel so... uncomfortable? I guess more... confident. I guess i have this boh-cap, dun give a damn, grab life by the balls attitude now. Well, i figure doing what I do everyday does this to you... or either that you wither and die.

I'm Here World. Watch Me. *struts out*

Hahaha. ;p

Anyway Angie just sms-ed me that she found a pigeon on top of her wardrobe in her bedroom. Wat the.... And this is her GodKnowsHowMany-eth encounters with the feathered kind in her bedroom... And she lives in a 1oth Floor HDB Maisonette for God's sake. They must feel some kindred feelings for her. You know.. like Bert from Sesame Street..

Guess she could start a courier service with the pigeons visiting her... ;p

Ok thats lame. Shut up. Sorry Angie. *helps wipe bird plop off your wardrobe*

Anyway, I was kidding about being 25. I'm really only 23.

Really.

*blows out candle*

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday, gal!! ^_^

...and pleassee don't say you're old, it makes a LOT of us out there feel so much older :P

Enjoy your big day & many more to come!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Jan: Thank you! Hee. I'm just a whiner la. ;p

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah...chill lah deh...
learn from my dad...old but young @ heart...
boh chap is the key!

muahahah!!!

no matter how old...
we'll still love you much much!

hee! *hugs*

and...what the hell...pigeon in Angie's room?
think Turtle put it there
coz she HATES birds especially pigeons.
hahah...just kidding...:P

see, im not much of a 25-to-be either.
too bad!

i'm lack of zZz and
talking a LOT of nonsense now.
hyper-shite!

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

psst...

you've got 1 more candle to blow out...
somewhere in your bookmarks list.

heheh!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy B.I.R.T.H.D.A.Y Dear...

Lots of hugs and kisses!!

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Geri~~!!!

*super duper big hugz*

*grinz*

11:52 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

To Everyone: THANK YOU! :)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home