Monday, March 03, 2008

I Love Dolphins...

And I love Christchurch too! :)

I always make it a point to go sightseeing in Christchurch, just coz New Zealand's South Island is amazingly beautiful.

So this time I organised a trip to Akaroa! The town's harbour is the home of New Zealand's Hector Dolphins. A small French Colony (the people, not the dolphins... ;p), with a permanent population of only 576. Now THAT'S a small town.

Oh and it's the first time I got to see wild dolphins so up close. Next time I will try attempting a swim with the dolphins, if I ever get the chance again. :)

Well, enough from me. I will let the beautiful pictures tell the story... :)

Christchurch & Akaroa!
Love the angle of this pic and the way the sun shines down on the cathedral... :)

Flower Festival at Christchurch's Cathedral.

I was the second oldest of all the girls. God I'm old.

Geri = Roadkill. Whaha...
.
Stopping for pictures.. Love the view.
.
Somehow I like the look of this worn blue bench :)
.
And then we stop for delicious quiche and mochaccino *yum*
.
We finally reach beautiful Akaroa! :)
.
Let's go dolphin watching! :)
.
Look! They're coming over! *swimswimswim*
.
And they're here! :)
.
And more join in! EEEEEHEEHEEHEeeee.... I love the "PPFFFT" sound their blowholes make whenever they come up for air. They're a cute lot. :)
.
Beautiful, massive sea cave formations.
.
And me in my new MiuMiu sunglasses, bought REALLY cheap thanks to Shireen and Kamar for bringing me bargain shopping in Dubai! hehehe...
.
And our last and my fav spot, a beach consisting entirely of beautiful, smooth pebbles. I was so amazed. I picked three rocks to decorate my new home. Hee.
.
*sings*
.
Hey now, Hey now.. Don't dream it's over..
.
*fade out*
.
100% NZ.
.
;)

10 Comments:

Blogger dE said...

Hi Geri, I've been a silent reader of your blog - lovely write up of Chch you've done - I live in Chch :)
Anyway, just a quick ques: What size is the Longchamp bag that you use? I'm planning on getting one in Europe in May and was looking at the website - but it's got so many sizes and types of handbag, totes and travel bags. Thanks in advance. Ps Where's the cheapest place in Europe to get it too?

3:01 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Hello! OOO.. you're lucky to be living in CHC. :)

As on which size longchamp bag I carry, I have the S, M & L sizes ;p

"S" is good for throwing in your purse, hp and other essentials.Abt 49Euros.

"M" can practically be an overnighter and holds lots of stuff. Abt 60Euros. (if i recall correctly..)

I would suggest the "M". :)

Paris is the cheapest place to get it, because it is from France afterall.

But getting it from other Europe cities is also worth it too coz us tourists get to claim VAT. :)

Hope this helps!

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man...now u make me sooo regret not going sightseeing the last time i was in CHC *ppffftt* :P i'll make sure no more drinking and more sightseeing!!! haha

anyway...hey! i thought the muimui glasses was for me? no?

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh. and i forgot to add.

NOW we know why ter ter loves NZ so much...there's so much more to just straw and mattresses ;) heh

1:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey now hey now...don't dream it's over...
i can't help but think of Ttttter when dat came out...

Ttttter...ppffftt...

wahahahah!

btw, you looked esp pretty in this post.
you muz have been very happy in Chch. ;)

1:33 AM  
Blogger dE said...

Thanks for the recommendation on the bags - just to confirm it is from the Le Pliage range? and sorry to be a pain, do you have the actual measurements for the "M"?

11:28 AM  
Blogger Geri said...

Angie: *hides miumiu glasses* GO GET YOUR OWN! *tbbph* And yah lor.. I cant believe you din go sightseeing.... sigh. WASTED.

Ron: And I think of Jem's imitation of Ter sitting on the rocking chair chewing straw! (Ter doesnt read my blog right??)

;p

3:53 PM  
Blogger Geri said...

Hi regarding the longchamp bag, yes its the Le Pliage range. As for the measurements, im not sure but according to its website its

H32 x L23 x W19.

Heh.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

geri,

you may be 2nd oldest, but you're definitely the prettiest.

ah jie

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just realised.

i spelt 'muimui' instead of 'miumiu' *hides face*

:P

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home